Whether it is a result of an increase in skill in the rest of the CCFA, or a loss of talent, Jared is no longer the Goliath that he used to be. He has held the top spot in nine of the ten rankings released, but he is no longer a lock to win every game. Even before the game against Ryan, one could have seen the signs. Jared allowed four points to Henry-Jon in consecutive games, and had trouble closing out against Kahlin, barely escaping with a 11-7 win.
"I'm not as good as I used to be," wrote Jared in a released statement. "It's as simple as that. I have slower reactions, my timing is off. There's a lot to work on." Jared's strikers did indeed look a little rusty, and his defense allowed a goal to Jacob, the same player he defeated 11-0 in last year's Dixon Classic. He held a thin 4-2 lead over Miriam before he closed out, the same player over whom he cruised to a 10-0 win last year.
With Ryan's win, it became clear: Jared is not in his foosball prime anymore. Expect much tighter competition in this year's CCFA Championships. Jared's games are getting closer, and Seth, Zach, Kahlin, Ryan, Alex, Erich, and Jerome are all waiting for him to stumble, in which case any one of them has the potential to lock up the CCFA Championship.
Where can watch these momentous games? I seem to be missing out on the action!
ReplyDeleteThat was a pretty intense game. But you are getting better. I also feel that I am getting worse. When I played Rachel, she almost came out with an early lead. I still have a lot of work to do.
ReplyDelete